The Asian Center for Journalism at the Ateneo de Manila University is accepting applications to its Diploma in Visual Journalism program.
The program is open to practicing Asian photojournalists and journalists and offers them a wider theoretical and practical perspective on visual storytelling for news events.
The DVJ is a blended learning course, which means part of it is done online, part on-campus. It is composed of five courses: Fundamentals of Visual Journalism, Visual Storytelling/Literacy, Journalistic Writing for Multimedia, Multimedia Platform Practices, Final Portfolio and Publication. Near the end of the program is the on-campus session where students gather face-to-face for the portfolio presentation that caps the program.
The deadline for applications is January 2021.
Practicing journalists are eligible for fellowships offered by the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung. Please click this link for more information on the fellowship. http://adenauer.ca
Teachers are eligible for discounts. For details about fees, please contact ACFJ at email@example.com or (+632) 426 6001 loc. 5294.
To be considered, an applicant must:
- have at least one (1) full year of work experience as photojournalist, photo editor, photographer or journalist
- be a college graduate with an average of B or higher
- be proficient in oral and written English
- be proficient in photo editing software and in basic computer and Internet operations
- have access to a digital single lens reflex (SLR) camera system and a computer with Internet connection and industry-standard photo-editing programs
All students must have access to a digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera system.
- Form 1 – Completed Application Form
- Form 2 – Portfolio and Project Proposals
- Form 3 – Recommendation Letter (minimum of 2 recommending persons)**
- Form 4 – Employer’s Endorsement Form*
- Résumé (Curriculum Vitae) with 2 in. x 2 in. or 5.08 cm x 5.08 cm. ID photo