The program is open to practicing Asian photojournalists and journalists and offers them a wider theoretical and practical perspective on visual storytelling for news events.
The DVJ is a blended learning course, which means part of it is done online, part on-campus. It is composed of five courses: Fundamentals of Visual Journalism, Visual Storytelling/Literacy, Journalistic Writing for Multimedia, Multimedia Platform Practices, Final Portfolio and Publication. Near the end of the program is the on-campus session where students gather face-to-face for the portfolio presentation that caps the program.
Practicing journalists are eligible for fellowships offered by the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung. Please click this link for more information on the fellowship. http://adenauer.
Teachers are eligible for discounts. A more detailed schedule of fees can be found here.
To be considered, an applicant must:
- have at least one (1) full year of work experience as photojournalist, photo editor, photographer or journalist
- be a college graduate with an average of B or higher
- be proficient in oral and written English
- be proficient in photo editing software and in basic computer and Internet operations
- have access to a digital single lens reflex (SLR) camera system and a computer with Internet connection and industry-standard photo-editing programs
All students must have access to a digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera system.
- Form 1 – Completed Application Form
- Form 2 – Statement of Purpose
- Form 3 – Recommendation Letter (minimum of 2 recommending persons)**
- Form 4 – Employer’s Endorsement Form*
- Résumé (Curriculum Vitae) with 2 in. x 2 in. or 5.08 cm x 5.08 cm. ID photo
- Link to a portfolio consisting of 10 to 15 single photographs uploaded to an online photo gallery
- Link to a photo story of 8 to 10 photos uploaded to an online photo gallery, if available
1. Save the form to your computer.
2. Open the form using Adobe Reader. You may download the latest
version from https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
3. Fill out the form and save it to your computer.
4. Send all forms to email@example.com.
|Form 1 (Application)||Download|
|Form 2 (Statement of purpose)||Download|
|Form 3 (Recommendation)||Download|
|Form 4 (Employer’s endorsement)||Download|
Applicants must submit the completed application form and all required documents. They must also keep copies of all documents submitted. ACFJ reserves the right to keep or otherwise dispose all materials submitted six months after the start of the program.
Applications for admission and study grants is extended and must be submitted by 10 February 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Application for 2017 Diploma in Visual Journalism) or to the ACFJ business address:Konrad Adenauer Asian Center for Journalism at the Ateneo de Manila University Department of Communication room 318 3/F PLDT-Convergent Technologies Center Building, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1108 Philippines